Sunday, 13 September 2015
Update: Laura's Life Lately
Goodness me, it has been a long time since I have posted on here! With seven months in Europe (read about it here) and my third year university studies weighing me down, I have definitely neglected this little corner of the Internet. I thought I would write a quick update post, letting you know what I've been up to and what's coming up on Laura Robin.
Reading: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce, among several of my university textbooks. Now that I'm an English major, the reading seems endless and although I definitely haven't approached my novels with a positive mindset, I am yet to read one that I have completely hated.
Writing: A 1500 word essay due next Thursday, a few blog posts for Laurables, a sum up of exchange for Suitcases to Sussex, and a series of snapshot posts of the last few places I visited in Europe after exchange ended.
Doing: I've started ballroom dancing (love it) and I'm also thinking about exercising a lot. So, I guess that's not a 'doing' at the moment... but soon (hopefully). Breakfasting out at cafes with friends has also been up there on my priorities list lately.
Wanting: A holiday booked. Somewhere. Anywhere. The travel bug has bitten me and I have the desperation to adventure so badly!
Drinking: The odd Strongbow cider and copious amounts of English Breakfast tea (Note: buying a 50 pack of Twinings tea was the best $7.50 I have spent in my life).
Loving: Reuniting with my Perth friends who I missed while I was away, spending time with Elsie the dog, and also loving the fact that university is finally starting to be something that I enjoy.
Missing: My wonderful, wonderful exchange friends. It has been 3 months, but my longing to be with my exchange buddies still hits me every time I look at a photo, hear a familiar song or even put on my Sussex jumper.
I'll post more soon!
Laura xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment