Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Empties #1



Doesn't everyone have a pile of half used products loitering awkwardly around their bathroom? I did, however I have made it my mission to get rid of a whole bunch of them. Here's what I've used up so far.

My Body Shop Strawberry Body Wash (travel sized) did the job and smelt great, but unless it was for a special occasion or present, I probably wouldn't repurchase it - you are pretty much washing your money down the drain as it is quite expensive for what it is. The St Ives Apricot Face Scrub was much more reasonably priced, however I felt like this was a bit too harsh to use on my face so I resorted to using it on my legs as an exfoliator before shaving. It definitely did the job, although it made a huge mess of my shower. I'll probably repurchase this, but mainly use it for when I need a really good exfoliation for fake tan, but otherwise, I'll stick to a mitt.

After exfoliating, I loved using my Body Shop Mango Body Butter. I can't get past the smell of this. I'm not really a mango person but the scent of this is incredible and was probably my favourite part of this product. It was definitely very moisturising and although it didn't sink in straight away, this body butter didn't linger on the skin the way that some do. I would definitely repurchase this, probably in numerous scents. In the shower, I also really enjoyed my Redken All Soft Shampoo because it made my hair really soft. As someone with coloured hair, this is something I really look for so I would purchase this product again, along with the accompanying conditioner.

For skincare, I really liked using my Origins Vitazing Moisturiser. It's very light and has quite a gel like consistency - I've already repurchased this. The smell is absolutely divine and a little goes a long way so the small pot lasted me a good few months. I've got a few of my Clinique Anti Blemish Toners left after bulk buying in America, however although it does do the job of keeping my skin clear, the alcohol in the product is quite drying. I won't be repurchasing any more of these after I finish my last one - I'll be on the hunt for a new toner!

As for make up, I used a few foundations and a mascara. First up was my Mac Studio Fix Foundation. Going to be honest, I finished this one AGES ago and so I don't remember too much about it. It wasn't high coverage however when buffed into the skin, it did the job. It was probably a little too yellow for me so I will keep that in mind if I buy another Mac foundation. I wouldn't repurchase this as it doesn't stick out in my memory unlike my Revlon Colourstay Foundation. This foundation has fantastic coverage and they've since changed the packaging so it has a little pump - perfect. They have also slightly changed the formula apparently, although I haven't been able to tell the difference.

My Model's Own Mascara came in a set and at last check, you can't buy it alone however hopefully this changes. I really liked this mascara because it was lengthening and thickening at the same time. It is a drugstore product from one of the lower end drug store brands so I can imagine it would be priced quite reasonably. There was some flaking towards the end of the day in this mascara however it was quite a decent product considering the price point of the brand. Especially in Australia, mascaras tend to sit around the $20-$25 mark (*cry*) and so I'm always on the look out for a good, cheap one to make my lashes pop.

Phew - now I can finally recycle these and get my top drawer back! What products have you finished lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment