Tuesday, 8 April 2014
The Weekend Shop
In celebration of Autumn being well and truly upon us (well, almost…the Australian weather is choosing not to cooperate) I decided to update my Autumn/ Winter wardrobe with some essentials for the colder months.
Black jeans
I am a jeans girl through and through, however I haven't owned a pair of black jeans in years. After buying a denim jacket, I really wanted a pair of black jeans to wear with it, however I find jeans shopping so traumatic (#firstworldproblems). On Friday I bit the bullet and went to Just Jeans, where I tried on a few pairs but fell completely in love with this Levi's Extreme Skinny Oslo pair. Very skinny, very black, and just the right length. Very, very perfect.
Nikes
Before I found these shoes, I thought they would be the death of me. How hard is it to find black and white Nikes? Very hard, apparently. I wanted these for gym work, as well as to wear rolled up with jeans, which is why I wanted the neutral colour combination. I was definitely tempted by the hot pink Nikes I saw, however after searching high and low (and online and offline) I found these at the Foot Locker. They are meant for men, however one pro of having quite large feet (a size 10.5 in these!) is that they fit me. I'm so glad I waited to get the black and white ones as I already have a few ideas of what to wear them with.
Chelsea boots
I saw the Zu Bruce boot online a few weeks ago and fell in love with them (especially because they were 25% off!) however when I went into the store the sale had ended. Although they were leather, I didn't want to buy them without the sale being on because $160 on a pair of shoes is a lot of money for a student. However, on Saturday I went to show my friend a photo of them online, and low and behold they were on sale again! We quickly dashed to our local shopping centre and I bought them (while she also purchased a pair of boots…oops). Definitely worth it, and I can't wait until it's cold enough to wear them.
A lot of black in this haul! What have you picked up recently?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment