Sunday, 30 March 2014

Haircut!

I went to get my hair cut and dyed yesterday and I am really happy with the result. After years of only ever going in for a trim when it was absolutely necessary, I now really look forward to the head massages with a wash fresh feel of my hair after a cut. 

After a bit of an ombre/ balyage disaster in September last year (I wanted blonde tips, all of a sudden I had blonde from my ears down as well as 3 thick bright blonde streaks starting from my roots) I was a bit hesitant with dying my hair. Although I did end up embracing the blonde (especially after I used an at home dye kit to blend the harsh line between the two colours!) I did want to go darker for winter, however I wasn't sure how the blonde would come out. I asked for a shade a bit darker than my natural colour, with warm undertones as I think anything too ashy would wash me out. My hair naturally has quite a red tinge so I wanted to keep that.

As for the cut, I just asked for a few inches to be lobbed off the bottom, as well as it being shaped around my face. I'm not particularly emotionally attached to my hair (it grows quite fast) and I think the hairdresser was a bit shocked with my blasé attitude! It looks and feels so much healthier now, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Here's a photo of before and after, although the colour doesn't translate across as dark as it is now. What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment