I thought I might let you know what's going on in my life lately just in case you're interested (and even if you're not). If things have seemed a bit absent around here, it's because I've been focusing on Laurables, but also because a few posts meant to go up over the last few days got pushed aside when WE LOST WIFI. As much as I want to pretend I'm joking about how traumatic I found it, I did struggle a bit (and I don't even consider myself a huge Internet user!) I got stuck into some books instead, cleaned out my room, and just generally pottered around. Our Internet is back now, which is nice, but it was kind of nice over the last few days not succumbing to the draw of blogs and videos, and instead enjoying a few good books. Here's what I have been up to over the last few weeks...
Read
I've read a few lovely books which will be posted shortly - Vogue On Coco Chanel was a notable favourite, but I also absolutely adored The Collected Works of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Levin. I'm now stuck into Longbourn by Jo Baker - when mum and I realised we both wanted to read this, we decided that it was definitely a sign and bought a copy to share. As for blogs, I've also been loving "Cider With Rosie" and "Paris in Four Months", but especially "The Private Life of a Girl".
Do
The university holidays have been absolutely wonderful, however I'm almost looking forward to returning to uni...? Feels a bit weird to say that but I do miss having a routine and keeping busy. However, that's not to say that I haven't been using my free time wisely… a lot of food has been eaten, a lot of chats and catch ups have been had, and the workers at my local Gelare know me (how I wish I was joking). I completely cleared out my bathroom as well, which was a strangely refreshing task (stuff. Everywhere) and now I can actually find most things that I need. I didn't realise how much of a hoarder I was until I threw away about 10 tonnes worth of out of date samples…
Write
As for my other blog, I've posted a few (very) opinionated pieces as of late (would we really expect anything less?) I've written about asylum seekers, people who insult Arts students and why the use of the word "rape" in a casual context is deplorable. There has been an absence of Sunday Sevens on here for the last few weeks (I'm sorry!) but there should be one up this weekend! I did put up a July Resolutions post, and I'm proud to say I have been sticking to most resolutions. Even though the temptation really is there to stay up on the Internet (I'm looking at you, Tumblr and Bloglovin'!) until the early hours.
Watch
I've been watching the television series Heartland, about a horse ranch in Canada. It is potentially aimed at a younger audience than myself, however I'm
As for YouTube videos, I really enjoyed The Persian Babe's Sale Shopping Haul, Fleur DeForce's Home Tour of her kitchen, and Amelia Liana's Sunday Club vlog.
Listen
I've been listening to Ed Sheeran's X album and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. The songs are so catchy, and one thing I love about this artist is that the songs all have stories woven into them, which makes them so interesting to listen to. I've also been listening to G.R.L's "Ugly Heart" which is basically about a good looking boy having a not so attractive personality. Relatable, easy to listen to, and very poppy.
I hope you enjoyed this rather rambly post, and that you have also been enjoying whatever you have been up to lately :)


No comments:
Post a Comment