Tuesday, 1 July 2014

July Resolutions

Some of today's little purchases to get me organised...good thing one of my goals isn't to save more...
When I look at the date, I can't believe that we're already halfway through the year; however when I look back at everything that has happened this year, it seems crazy that so much has been packed into six months! I'm really excited with what the rest of the year holds, and especially this month because I'm on my uni break - 5 weeks of doing nothing but, well, working a lot, but also having much more time to myself. Here are some things I'm aiming to accomplish this month (and hopefully keep going for the rest of the year!)

1. Read more
This was one of my resolutions for May, however I definitely did not fulfil it. It's so tempting to go to bed after becoming engrossed in the Internet and it's much easier to watch a random video than push myself through a novel. This month, however, I have decided to nominate two books I want to read over my uni break - sadly, the days of me being able to plough through a book a day over holidays are long gone, as I now work instead of go to classes! This month, I will be reading Philomena (Martin Sixsmith) and The Bookstore (Deborah Meyler).

2. Go to bed earlier…and actually do it
Another one of my resolutions for May, and I was doing so, so well…until last week came along, and I began going to bed after 12am, and paying for it the next day. I always feel so much better when I have had a good sleep, and so this month, that's going to be happening (hopefully).

3. Stop saying "I wish" and start saying "I will"
After a long break due to a bit of a dodgy spine situation, I have decided to resume dancing this month (hopefully!). Although it'll be painful, it won't be making the situation worse and I have decided to go for it, instead of pining over missing dance classes. I cannot wait. It's more about not having the time anymore, plus all my classes are a bit of a trek away, however I think it will be worth it.

4. Sort out my wardrobe and sell clothes on eBay
After coming up with the rule of only buying clothes with the money I have made from selling things online, I have been much better at saving and also being realistic about what I do and do not need. I've surprisingly managed to stick to it (…sports clothes don't count as clothes, right? RIGHT?!). Plan this month? Sell lots of old clothes so I can buy some winter staples. 

5. Continue being in a generally great mood
This month I have managed to find myself in a much better mood all the time, and I don't know why. The only significant thing that has changed has been me exercising more, so I guess I should keep that up to? I'm going to try to continue looking on the bright side of things, after all, the last six months were pretty great and I bet the next six will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment