Sunday, 20 July 2014
Sunday Seven #12
I've been absent from this the last few weeks (sorry!) however I have had a lot of things that I have enjoyed lately. So here is my Sunday Seven (although it has turned into a Sunday Twenty One!) Hope you enjoy.
1. Harry Potter marathon with one of my best friends. Such a good day. Lots of food, lots of gossip, and lots of Harry Potter. We're watching the films in reverse (random?), so it was Harry Potter marathon part one - films 8 to 5 inclusive.
2. Cleaning out my bathroom - weird, yes. Incredibly satisfying? Also yes. Plus I feel like I bought $100 worth of make up because it was all in the wrong drawers... now I know where it is. And it's actually managed to stay mostly clean as well!
3. Hanging out with one of my best friend's cousin! He was here the week before last and we all got on really well with him. It was a bit of a shame to see him go - the constant banter and insults streaming from him were pretty hilarious.
4. Having successful shopping trips with two friends who aren't renowned for their shopping successes - one hates shopping, the other hates spending money without having a careful think. But we managed to buy what they needed and it was really fun as well.
5. Having Saturday mornings to myself over the last few weeks - although I absolutely love my job, there is something so lovely about having a few weeks off and being able to have a lie in.
6. Farmers markets with my mum last week - macaroons, bread, cheese sticks, massive dogs, vanilla tea - such a lovely morning.
7. Hopping into bed with mum after my dad had got up and gone for a walk. It was still really early and we had a nice chat before we had our breakfast.
8. My grandma writing on my Facebook wall saying that she enjoyed my blog - so lovely of her! I'm very impressed with how she has managed to master the Internet as well.
9. Celebrating a plethora of birthdays - Three 19ths and one 20th - over 5 days. So much food (it was kind of wonderful). It's always nice to celebrate with good friends as well.
10. Having a shoulder massage and reflexology with mum last weekend - so relaxing!
11. Successfully baking a cake (it turned out absolutely massive but I didn't burn anything!) as a thank you for one of my good friends.
12. Going out for lunch with my whole family during the week when dad was on his lunch break. Lots of food, lots of laughs. Times like those when I remember how, even though they drive me nuts sometimes, my family really means the world to me.
13. Brunch/ breakfast with a group of friends on Friday morning - it seems as though everyone else has left the city/ state/ country so it was nice to see those of us who are still around. I had pancakes - so good. I'm usually a gal who can be counted on to have something savoury for breakfast (just in case you were wondering), however the pancakes were top notch.
14. Helping to prepare dinner at the Ronald McDonald house. The families were so lovely and it was wonderful to see how much of a difference the house has made. It was a challenge cooking for such a large number of people (especially of the majority of us aren't known for our cooking skills) however I think we did a good job. Very rewarding and a lot of fun too.
15. Taking the time to read a few books. I love reading and have always been such a bookworm, however the addictiveness of the Internet sucks me in on more than a few evenings. The loss of wi-fi at my house halted that though, and so into a few books I burrowed!
16. Finally finding a pair of black ballet flats that are appropriate for work and don't kill my feet.
17. Getting cuddled by a foal this morning. So adorable.
18. Going to a party and seeing lots of friends I hadn't seen for ages. Had lots of compliments on my Laurables posts as well - thank you, you lovely people! It made my night...and then doing a cheeky Maccas run afterwards. Chicken nuggets and ice cream taste so much better at 12am, don't you think?
19. Going out to a few bars and going clubbing a few weekends ago. Both evenings were lots of fun, involving plenty of food and heaps of dancing. Perfect.
20. Editing the format of this blog. Not 100% sure what I think about it yet, but I'm very proud of myself for finally figuring out how to do something with this template of mine.
21. And finally, sitting down to write this post and realising that even though some weeks might be a little bit average, I have so many things in my life that I should be, and am, thankful for.
If you've made it to the end of this Sunday Seven bumper edition, well done! I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you have had a lovely weekend. All the best for this week as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment