Saturday, 23 August 2014

The British Tag


I've seen a few YouTube videos of this tag, and considering my obsession with all things British, I thought it was time I did a blog post dedicated to my favourite things from the motherland. Cup of tea ready? Let's go.

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?
Probably about three cups of tea a day (I'd say this goes to at least 6 during exams...waiting for the kettle to boil is a good procrastinator). I have English Breakfast tea with a tiny bit of milk and no sugars. When I first started drinking tea, it was pretty much half milk with about 5 sugars. Not even joking. One of my friends feels quite uncomfortable with the amount of milk I add to my tea - "If you're going to put some in, commit to putting a little bit more in, would you?"

2. Favourite part of your roast
Roast potatoes, hands down. So crunchy (when done properly), and just so filling and absolutely wonderful.

3. Favourite dunking biscuit
Kingstons! Are they even considered a dunking biscuit? I also love popping in an ANZAC biscuit. I also love Milk Arrowroots - I don't usually actually dunk the biscuit, I just have it with me while I drink the tea. I cannot handle crumbs in my tea - no thanks. 

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Drinking tea, strolls in the park, horse riding, plotting which member of the royal family to marry.

5. Favourite word?
Scrumptious/ wonderful/ beautiful. I also love the word spiffing - "what a SPIFFING chap". Ah, such a good one to whip out when one is dressed nicely.

6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Not going to lie, had to use Google to find some good 'uns, but my favourties were apple-and-pears (stairs) and oats-and-chaff (footpath). 

7. Favourite sweet
Anything, not overly picky. I love Natural Confectionary and Starburst lollies, however Sour Straps are also a personal favourite. But honesty, if it's sugary, I'll probably be all for it. Does chocolate count? Cadbury's hands down then!

8. What would your pub be called?
The Tea Gardens. And (if you're interested), it would do cakes (is that a pub thing?), roasts and Pimms.

9. No.1 British person
Kate Middleton! Or Emma Watson. Tough decision, I'm pretty obsessed with them. They are just such classy, fashionable ladies, who seem to have a good social conscience too (always a plus). 

10. Favourite shop / restaurant
Zara would have to be my favourite European shop, however I have recently become obsessed with looking through the Topshop website (made a bit of a cheeky purchase the other day, and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival!) As for Australian stores, I love Sportsgirl a little too much.

11. What british song pops into your head?
Anything by the Spice Girls. "Stop" was a notable favourite in my household when I was younger, I had a full song and dance routine to it and everything.

12. Marmite.
I have never tried Marmite to be honest, but Vegemite? Love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment