Saturday, 16 August 2014

Sunday Seven #12


I had a few unexpected things happen this week (good unexpected!), so it was a week that was full of surprises. I got to catch up with my old netball team, see lots of my friends, and I also accidentally did a spot of shopping (oops, but not that oops). Here are the seven highlights from my last seven days.

1. Two of my friends popping around with flowers and chocolate after I had a (very, very minor) back operation (hardly a surgery, really). I felt spoilt rotten and very loved! The flowers are so beautiful, and have really lit up my desk - which I'm spending a lot of time at currently, with a politics speech due tomorrow. I spent a lot of time having tea and catch ups with friends this week, it was lovely.

2. Making it to my brother's final football game of the season (and of his school career) yesterday - it was a fantastic match, the weather was beautiful, the result was very close... and to top it off, my brother scored a great goal, which just happened to win the match. Such a proud sister! I actually spent a fair bit of time with him this week - we finished watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone together, and I also appeared in his media video for school (I'm a star in the making).

3. One of my friends has a farm, and they are currently babysitting two abandoned lambs in their (suburban) home. I popped around to see them yesterday and ah, they are so cute! Lots of bleating and them toddling around on unsteady legs. Bless.

4. I wasn't able to work this weekend and that meant I could grab a few sleep ins - wonderful. My sister and I had a lovely lounge in front of the heater this morning as well, which was lovely.

5. A few online shopping items I ordered arrived - a present to me, from me. Even if one package happened to be university books (there goes my excuse for not doing the readings...).

6. Last week, I was able to go back to dancing for one class each week, and, like the sleep ins, I have appreciated it so much more since I haven't been able to do it for 8 months. My fitness levels leave a lot to be desired (a lot, a lot, a lot), however I've had the best time seeing all the girls again.

7. And last, but definitely not least, one of my best friends arriving home, safe and sound, from university on the other side of Australia. Lily, we have missed you lots and I can't wait to spend time with you over the next few weeks!

I hope you have all had a lovely week, and have a fantastic week ahead! If you like the above photograph, and want to see more like it, follow my Instagram - @laurarobinblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment