Sunday, 24 August 2014

Sunday Seven #13


Today was such a wonderful day - I spent the morning at a shopping centre, watching Australia's Next Top Model auditions (they just happened to be on while I was doing a spot of shopping, I promise) while eating a chocolate chip muffin. I told Mum that I was going to be "plucked from obscurity" (heavy sarcasm) by a talent scout - the closest that happened was someone in the muffin line asking if I was auditioning but I will claim that! I had a pub meal for lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday - fish and chips followed by ice cream, yes please. Then I spent the afternoon at going away drinks for a uni friend, with some other new friends, and I am now curled up in front of the TV watching Divergent with my family. Not much study was done, sadly, but it was a great day - the memories of which will get me through the study I will have to eventually do! Anyway, I digress - here are seven of the other things that made my week special.

1. Heading out with some friends on Thursday night - one of whom is just home from university for a few weeks. It was so lovely to see everyone, especially the lovely Lily, and we had such a nice evening.

2. Watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with my brother and sister. We're only halfway through, but it's so nice to spend time with them while we appreciate one of my favourite series in the world.

3. Avocado and vegemite on toast, with a cup of tea, for breakfast. Great starts lead to great days.

4. My beautiful little dog, Elsie, just being so cute. She is always up for a cuddle and a pat, and I'm such a sook because Else is just so gorgeous. Right now, she's curled up between my Mum and Dad on the couch, getting a back rub from one parent and an ear scratch from the other. Dog has her life sorted out.

5. Michael, my brother, had his Year 12 ball and he looked so grown up. His date was gorgeous, and he looked very smart in a suit. Him and my sister, Rachel, are only a bit over 2 years younger than me, but I still think of them as "little", and in my mind they're about 7. Bless.

6. Freezing cold nights, when I could turn on my electric blanket and snuggle up in bed with winter pyjamas and a doona. Ah, the small pleasures.

7. The most beautiful weather in the world this week - stormy in the early days, sprinkles of rain later in the week and finally, wonderfully sunny - but most importantly, not too hot! - weather today. Perfect.

What made your week special? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment