Sunday, 29 June 2014
Sunday Seven #11
This week was a bit of a funny one - a lot of things I was looking forward to, but also a major disappointment that dulled the tone of the week a little bit. However, enough fantastic things occurred during the week that I can still put a smile on my face - a lesson learned, however a lot of fun was had by me this week too!
1. Seeing The Seals at The Ellington. I'd been looking forward to this gig ever since I first saw the band at Fairbridge and in short, it was a fantastic evening. Read a more in-depth review here if you are interested.
2. Having lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a year and dinner with a group of friends from school. It's always lovely to catch up with friends (especially over food - just saying), and these two meals were no exception. The food especially deserves a comment - Grilld for lunch, and Nandos for dinner. Don't mind if I do.
3. Having lovely homemade soup made by Mum for lunch on the days I worked this week. So much better than the thrown together sandwich I usually take with me, and really lovely to enjoy with the cold weather we have been having. Mum's an absolute superstar (read more about that here).
4. Watching my cousin play in the second Women's AFL match at Etihad Stadium today (and her team winning - Go Melbourne!) I was so proud of her. Alicia played really well - lots of kicks and marks. I think it's fantastic that girls get the opportunity to play at such a level.
5. Seeing Grease today - it was fantastic! I think I'll be writing a review of it some time this week, but it was really such a great night out. Probably the best closing number I have ever seen in a musical, fantastic music, vibrant costumes: definitely a must see if you get the opportunity. It didn't hurt that my uncle, who worked on the show in its early stages, managed to get our names read out by Bert Newton in a section at the start of the musical. I won't spoil anything, but it was very funny!
6. A spot of shopping during the week. I have been trying to save for a few months, but due to a few changes I don't need to be as dedicated anymore! I hit up Lorna Jane and Mac… oops (but I'm not really that upset about it).
7. Midnight ice creams with one of my good friends last night (early this morning?) Nothing is quite as good as an M&M Mcflurry.
I hope you had a lovely week and that you have a fun week ahead of you. I just wanted to quickly say thank you for the support I have received for my blogs - Laura Robin and Laurables. I really appreciate all the messages, shares and likes that posts of mine have received, and I hope you continue to enjoy my writing as much as I enjoy writing it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment