Sunday, 8 June 2014

Sunday Seven #8


I was considering letting this post go for the week considering I haven't really done much and I've been under the pump with exam preparation, but I figured that it's always nice to appreciate the little things in life, even if most of my week was spent with my nose stuck in a textbook. Here are seven things that made my week special.

1. Italian food with one of my friends on Friday night. Lately I haven't been amazing at organising a catch up with this friend, so it was lovely to see her for dinner on Friday night.

2. Getting a visit from one of my friends at work - she told me she was coming but I thought she was joking! It was a nice surprise :)

3. My dog wandering around this morning with a leaf stuck to her beard (she's a miniature schnauzer). She has such a solemn little face but it's quite hard to take her seriously when half the garden is stuck to her fur.

4. Spending the day at the library studying today (I never thought that would make this list) with one of my friends and one of her friends - I was (surprisingly) productive and we had lots of snacks (as well as an extended lunch break) so it wasn't at all horrific.

5. Making it to a circuit class at the gym this morning and actually not dying.

6. Discovering a new TV series and becoming hooked - probably not the best thing to happen during exams but hey, you get that.

7. Spending a lovely morning with another one of my friends during the week - we sort of lounged around, enjoyed toasted sandwiches for breakfast and some tea, and it was lovely and relaxed. I hadn't slept well the night before but after sitting around, having a chat and stuffing our faces, I felt so much more energised. It can't have anything to do with the amount of chocolate I scoffed. 

Looking back, my friends made my week really special. Sorry for the lack of posts at the moment - exams are killing me - but I'm sure most/ all of you are studying hard at the moment as well. Best of luck if you are - the holidays are just around the corner! I hope in the midst of hitting the books, you had some special moments during your week as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment