Sunday, 1 June 2014

Sunday Seven #7


University finished up this week, and with a week of study and then two weeks of exams to go, a nice long break is in sight! This week was quite good - my exams don't start for awhile so I'm still feeling nice and relaxed about them. Give it a few days and I'm sure I'll be a bit more stressed (and dealing with this through my tried and true methods of procrastination…read about them here)

Here are seven things that made my week special.

1. A post I wrote on my other blog, Laurables, was shared around on Facebook and viewed more times than anything I have written before has been. I received some wonderful feedback and it was really touching and quite exciting. Thank you for the support, really, it's so exciting to have lovely feedback and get an important message out there. Read the post here if you are interested.

2. More horsey things… I did a bit of horse shopping with one of my friends yesterday and she is SUCH a bad influence and such an enabler! I came away with some jodphurs (riding pants) and some boots to wear as well. Yes, I needed them…sort of…

3. My family had some people over for dinner last night and we had some amazing pizza…so amazing, in fact, that mum was shouting up the stairs for me to "COME DOWN AND INSTAGRAM THE PIZZAS!" Thanks mum.

4. I headed to a bar close to my house with some friends on Friday night and it was really nice. I managed to have 3 dinners that night - one at home, one at McDonalds (we didn't think we'd be able to afford the food at the bar), and then some pizza and chips at the bar - because it wasn't as expensive as we initially thought. Oops (but not really regretting it that much).

5. Turning up to a French exam and thinking that I had to write a paragraph and freaking out about this a lot (French is not my forte) but then finding out it was just a listening comprehension. Not (as) bad.

6. A long weekend this weekend has made me very happy - it will be nice having my mum and dad around tomorrow, even if my brother and sister are studying for their final year exams (things are a little tense around home at the moment, as you can imagine…)

7. My dog has a red blanket on her bed, that is covered in pictures of dogs and bones. Whenever she goes to bed, she's wrapped up in this (very cute). The other day I went to the laundry, where she sleeps, and Elsie was not visible but her red blanket was halfway out the doggie door - she'd obviously gone to go outside wearing a massive cape!

What made your week special?

No comments:

Post a Comment