Saturday, 31 May 2014
Sunday Seven #6
After a busy week, it's nice to sit down and reflect on the little (and big) moments that made the last seven days fun for me. With only one week left of university, homework and assignments are starting to wind down, while study for the impending exams is beginning to ramp up. Here is what made my week special.
1. The rain was so lovely throughout the last half of this week. When it rains in Perth, it pours, and it really did. I don't love getting caught in the rain when I need to be at uni all day, but I don't mind it when I'm on my way home or I'm doing something outside. It's been nice sitting inside while it pours outside, and being able to wear boots and jumpers again.
2. I went out to see my friend's horse again and even though it was absolutely pouring, it was so much fun (plus, I got to break out the pink gumboots!). Poor Haze wasn't impressed that we were taking her out of the paddock but I don't think she was too upset by the whole thing (aside from Lily reintroducing her to a metal bit after her not having one for about 8 years, but she even took that in her stride, aside from some priceless faces I wish I'd captured on camera). We also went to look at horse warehouse sale while we were out there - nothing quite like brand new $70 helmets reduced to $25 to put you in a good mood :)
3. A few of my friends and I meet up for lunch at uni on Mondays, however for the last few weeks I have been busy with assignments. It was really nice this past week to catch up with everyone, including a girl who doesn't usually come. Plus, I made a really good decision with my lunch that day (cold roast beef, chutney and cheese sandwich - it was risky, but it paid off). Many more Mondays like these would be great.
4. A book I ordered for Mum for Mother's Day finally arrived - My French Table - and we have both been enjoying looking over the beautiful photographs and imaging a life in Normandy, France. Ah, we can dream!
5. Speaking of French, I received a mark I was really happy with for a French written test. I really wasn't expecting this as I completely forgot how to conjugate a verb I needed and ended up settling for "je a" (I'm pretty sure that's not even a thing) instead of "je suis". It's not a test that is worth much, but it was still a nice surprise getting a result I was happy with, especially because I was so off the mark in the grammar department!
6. My dad, sister and I went to see a school production of The Wizard of Oz the other night and it was fantastic! Toto was a real dog (a large poodle) and the whole production was wonderful. The kids were very talented. I love a good musical, and this was no exception. Apparently on one of the other nights, Toto did a runner into the audience to see his mum - the school's drama teacher. He restrained himself to one (perfectly timed) bark during "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for our performance.
7. My sister isn't really a dog person, and although she loves our dog very much, she isn't the type to pick her up and cuddle her, more give her a pat when she walks past. The other morning, I had to wake Rachel up and so I put Elsie on the bed with her. When I came back in after getting changed, Elsie and Rachel were cuddled up and it was absolutely adorable. She'd probably kill me if I uploaded the photograph, but take my word for it - very cute.
What made your week special? I hope you had a lovely weekend and a great week ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment