Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Oskia London Renaissance Cleansing Gel

I received this product in the mail a few weeks ago and I was very excited. After hearing the likes of Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup raving about this, I couldn't wait to give it a go. Here are my thoughts…




Packaging: 4/10
While the packaging of this product is really aesthetically pleasing, it's a real pain when it's being used. The pump (on mine, at least) does not allow for a great amount of product to be dispensed, which is really annoying as it makes me have to keep pumping the top until I get enough to actually wash my face. Sometimes, no product comes out and you're just pushing air out of it which is a huge pain. When I first received this, I couldn't get anything out of the dispenser until I had tried unscrewing it, rescrewing it, pressing down on it with all my body weight - you get the gist. I haven't heard this problem with anyone else's products, so maybe it's just mine. Edit: after using this for a few weeks, last night the pump seems to be working as it should. Interesting...

Other: Scent, colour, etc.: 9/10
The scent of this product is almost musk like, and the colour is a really pretty peachy/ orangey colour. The consistency is quite oily and balm based. Very pleasant.

Make up cleansing abilities: 7/10
This product is what I use to get my make up off, and it does a pretty darn good job of it. It gets off all my face make up (and lip make up - I tried that), however it does leave me looking a little bit like a panda - especially if it has been a heavy mascara day. I have to double cleanse when I use this (I probably would anyway), but just keep in mind it isn't perfect when it comes to removing eye makeup. This isn't waterproof mascara, either. Other than the eye make up issue though, top notch. A quick note - this didn't sting my eye area when it came into contact with the product.

Cleansing ability: 9/10
This product leaves a slight oily film on the skin which I wasn't too sure about at first, but now don't mind too much. My skin feels clean without feeling stripped, and the oily film doesn't make my skin too greasy afterwards which is always a plus - however, because of this, I have only been using this cleanser in the evening. I have noticed my skin cleaning up since I began using this in conjunction with the Alpha H Triple Action Cleanser, and any spots I do get come and got a lot faster than usual.

Overall? I would repurchase this again - it does a great job. If you're looking for something with perfect packaging, this probably isn't the product for you, however if you want something that takes most of your make up off and leaves your skin nice and clean, I would recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment