I was blessed with a love of travel from my mother, and after returning from Cambodia (read about it here) I have definitely been bitten by the travel bug. There is something so special about visiting a new place and learning about a new culture and I want to see so much more of the world as I get older. Here is my wishlist of travel destinations…
1. London, England
I have been to London but I don't really remember it all that well (definitely not old enough to appreciate the likes of Topshop, Zara…). I would absolutely love to go to London for the shopping, but also for the cultural aspects that I wasn't old enough to enjoy…Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, and London Bridge to name a few.
2. Greece
Greece is definitely on my travel wish list, especially Athens and the Greek Islands. I'm a bit of a history lover and so I really want to see ancient ruins. Ever since I watched a special on the Athens Olympics, I've wanted to travel to this beautiful country as it just looked to beautiful and picturesque. As for the islands, I would love to see Mykanos. I'm not really a beach person (something about being super pale…) but with somewhere as beautiful as this, I'm sure I could get used to soaking up some rays on the sand - with a healthy dose of 50SPF on my limbs.
3. Dublin, Ireland
Little bit of trivia about me - I did Irish dancing from when I was 7 to when I was 15. It would be so awesome to visit the birthplace of Irish dancing and maybe see some shows while I was there. I'm half Irish (there's some more trivia) and I would love to visit the country where my family comes from. I still have some third cousins/ second cousins/ great aunts and uncles living in Ireland and so it would be amazing to meet them. Plus, I love Irish accents…
4. Copenhagen
This destination may have been inspired by the recent Eurovision song contest which was held in Copenhagen, Denmark. Originally a viking fishing village in the 10th century (thanks Wikipedia), Copenhagen now has a vibrant student life and is famous for the Tivoli Gardens (an amusement park), as well as Rosendorf Castle. I'd also love to see Stroget, Europe's longest pedestrian street and the beautiful canals. Denmark is apparently the happiest country in the world, so I can only imagine how amazing its capital city must be.
5. Vietnam
Quite a lot of the people we met in Cambodia had been to Vietnam or were on their way there and from what they had said it sounds like a fantastic country. Apparently it's quite a bit more touristy than Cambodia so I would like to visit before it gets more touristy - Cambodia was pretty touristy, but only to the extent that there was wi-fi everywhere. I studied the Vietnam War in History at school, so I think it would be quite special to visit a place I have learnt a lot about. If the Vietnamese people are anything like the Khmers, I'm sure I would have a wonderful trip.
Where do you want to travel to? All photographs from Pinterest.



















No comments:
Post a Comment